SOME OF OUR EQUIPMENT: You are going to be introduced to antique farm machines that were used in the early years of farming in the United States. Some will be 100 years old and older. We hope to show you history of the way these machines were used in years past.
- They were made from 1850 to 1920?
- The steam engine we have is around 100 HP and was made in 1902.
- There were several companies that made steam engines, like Case and Minneapolis Moline. They were made in all sizes up to 125 HP.
- Steam engines get their power from water and wood, coal, straw or anything that heats water to make steam. The steam in the boiler is held until it gets to 150 psi. There is a plug that blows out if it gets up to 200 psi or more.
- Steam engines were used in the 1800’s and early 1900’s to plow the fields with large plows or pull threshing machines and saw mills on farms before tractors were a success.